2019 NIA Election Results
Our 2019 Election was held from November 1st until December 1st.
Board of Directors
Expedition and Wilderness Medicine Instructor Drew Seitz was re-elected to the NIA Board.
Expedition Instructor Ira Slomski-Pritz was re-elected.
Please welcome new Directors Caio Poletti (Expeditions and Program Supervisor) and Marissa Bieger (Expeditions).
Many thanks to everyone who ran.
Referendum to Amend the NIA Constitution
The Membership of the NIA voted 72% to 28% to amend our Constitution in order to admit in-town employees as full members. You can read the new text of Article III, Section A (along with the rest of the Constitution) here.
Qualified in-town employees will be eligible to join the NIA beginning on May 10th. 2020.
NIA Priorities for the Coming Year
Members ranked our priorities in the following order:
1. Calling for a stated long term goal of a living wage for all employees, and a middle-class income for Senior Faculty and Staff.
2. Working to ensure that instructors are represented at ALL board of trustees meetings.
3. Championing Expedition travel reimbursement equal to 100% of average travel cost.
4. Advocating for a Sal-Fac Faculty Chair to represent Instructors to the Executive Team.
5. Filling out the NIA Platform.
Thanks to all who voted. Workplace democracy is not a spectator sport!